It has been more than twenty-five years
since HTS owner, Don Hanson, rebuilt his first transmission at the request of a customer. At the time, the sole proprietor business was known as Don Hanson's Mobile Equipment Repair and the majority of the business was rebuilding engines and doing repairs for the local farmers and truckers in and around the Delta. The business was operated from a small shop in Walnut Grove and was literally a one man show. After the first rebuild, additional requests came in to rebuild on a per job basis for transmissions and eventually extended to requests to rebuild differentials as well. When the trips to Sacramento to buy parts exceeded three in a day, it was time to relocate and in 1991 the name changed and Hanson Truck Service (HTS) moved to its second location on Freeport Blvd. In April of 2012, HTS moved to an even larger building on Luther Drive in South Sacramento.
In the pictures below, you can see Leland O. Hanson, Don's grandfather. He was the first in the line of Hansons to work as a mechanic.
Taken in the early 1920's in Walnut Grove, CA. This truck is chain drive, with solid rubber tires on the trailer. It often made trips to San Fransisco, where at least one flat tire was always expected. It was hand-loaded with pears.